Sherman Oaks Lawyers For Move-Away Cases
Experienced Post-Judgment Modification Lawyers
As relocation becomes more and more common, you should be concerned with how your divorce decree or court agreement will affect your moving plans. Will the move result in a child custody dispute? How will your ex deal with you taking the children away? The family law lawyers at the Law Offices of Robert S. Ackrich understand the concerns of parents. They can work with you to ensure you receive proper representation regarding child custody and visitation.
If you need to move because of a new job, the need for new experiences, the desire to move to your home state, or just to move to a different neighborhood, Contact at the law firm of Robert S. Ackrich for a free personal telephone consultation with an experienced Sherman Oaks attorney for move-away cases.
Modifications to Divorce Decrees in Southern California
If you are thinking of moving, or if your ex-spouse did move away, a lawyer can help you determine the important modifications to your divorce decree or separation agreement. The lawyers at The Law Offices of Robert S. Ackrich will work hard to ensure the children do not become objects in this circumstance.
You probably have important questions regarding moving away after a divorce.
- I want to move out of state for a better lifestyle. Can I do that?
- My ex-wife gets the children on the weekends. She is moving to the east coast because of a job offer, and she wants to file for custody. Can she do that?
- II am moving out of state, and one of my children wants to move with me. The other wants to stay and finish high school with his friends. My ex and I are friendly. Do we need to go through the court system to make changes to the court orders?
- Does any move count? What if I only move a few miles away?
- I was never married to my child's other parent. Do I have unmarried parental rights?
Whatever your circumstances may be, it is important to consult with an attorney regarding any contemplated changes to court orders. Failing to do so may result in you being held in contempt of court.
Contact the California law firm of Robert S. Ackrich at 310-570-2158 for a free personal telephone consultation with Attorney Robert S. Ackrich. For Sherman Oaks, please call 818-528-5181.